Support for Homeschooling Parents
Is your child homeschooled? Are you looking for support in written expression, literacy or other speech language areas? Did your child have an IEP while enrolled in the public school? RLLC’s therapists work in conjunction with homeschool parents to ensure that their child will meet the curriculum standards.
How Do I Get Started With Homeschooling?
You may have never thought that you would consider homeschooling. Did you know that your child’s education can be tailored to his unique interests, pace and learning style. Home schooling will also allow your child to pursue their special interest and talents. There are so many positives to homeschooling not only for the child but also for the parents and family. How do you get started?
- Connect with other parents who are homeschooling.
- Find out what the laws are in your state.
- Identify your child’s learning style.
- Find the best curriculum to meet your child’s needs and learning style.
- Carve out a space in your home and create a daily schedule.
- Identify and schedule any support you will need.
- Enjoy the learning process!