Parents are often concerned that their child might not be ready for Kindergarten. Today, I will share the top 5 skills that children should be moving towards as they begin Kindergarten. It is important to keep in mind that learning happens at different rates for kids. If your child has not yet master one of these skills, don’t panic.
- Learning About Letters: identifying letters and their corresponding sounds.
- Identifying Colors and Shapes
- Recognizing Numbers and Counting
- Fine motor skills- writing and coloring
- Following Directions- 1, 2 and 3 step directions