Parents are often concerned that their child might not be ready for Kindergarten. Today, I will share the top 5 skills that children should be moving towards as they begin Kindergarten. It is important to keep in mind that learning happens at different rates for kids. If your child has not yet mastered one of these skills, don’t panic.
- Learning About Letters: identifying letters and their corresponding sounds.
- Identifying Colors and Shapes
- Recognizing Numbers and Counting
- Fine motor skills- writing and coloring
- Following Directions- 1, 2 and 3 step directions
We got the chance to speak with Preschool Teacher Janelle Sciarrino about school readiness on our podcast. She shared a few extra tidbits helpful tips on this subject so be sure to check that out here as well!