In today’s episode, we’re talking to Dr. Layne Kalbfleisch about Unmasking. Dr. Kalbfleish is an educational psychologist & cognitive neuroscientist with offices in Virginia and New Mexico. Dr. Kalbfleisch works with adults of all ages, parents, and their kids to maximize the results of testing from educational and clinical assessments through coaching and skill development. She recently released a book Teaching to Every Kid’s Potential: Simple Neuroscience Lessons to Liberate Learners to help anyone and everyone on their journey to best understanding their children and students.
Today we will answer these questions:
- What is masking/unmasking?
- How does a person recognize that they’re masking?
- How does a person start the process of unmasking?
- Do you have specific tips to help along the way of learning how to unmask?
- What should parents do to help their children unmask?
- Should older children/individuals learn how to self-advocate on this journey of unmasking?
- How can friends and family be supportive on this journey?
Links and Resources:
- Dr. Layne Kalfleisch’s Practice: https://the2e.com/
- Teaching to Every Kid’s Potential, Dr. Layne Kalfleisch’s Book: https://wwnorton.com/books/9780393713084
- Dr. Layne Kalfleisch’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DrLayneK
- Dr. Layne Kalfleisch’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dr.laynekalbfleisch/
Make sure to subscribe and follow us on social media so you never miss an episode!