In today’s episode we discuss stuttering with Vivian Sisskin. Vivian is an SLP who specializes in stuttering and other fluency disorders. Vivian teaches at University of Maryland and owns her own private practice called the Sisskin Stuttering Center. In this episode she delves deep into the definition, cause, and treatment of stuttering. She also dispels some of the common myths of stuttering. The things you’ll take away:
- What is stuttering and how is it diagnosed?
- Social impact of stuttering
- How parents can support their child at home
Links and Resources
- Vivian’s Practice: https://www.sisskinstutteringcenter.com
- Youtube channel: Open Stutter