Virginia's Learning Acceleration Grant
To address the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on students' educational progress and well-being, Governor Glenn Youngkin announced the availability of $30 million in the K-12 Learning Acceleration Grant to be used for qualifying education services. Grants are being awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
If your child qualifies, the grant money that families receive must be used at an approved vendor. We are happy to share that The Reading Language Learning Center (RLLC) is an approved vendor for this grant.
How this works
Step 1: Apply
- if your child qualifies to receive a grant
- how much money your family can receive
- what educational expenses qualify
- how to apply for your grant
Step 3: Sign the RLLC agreement
Our admin staff will provide our agreement to you via email to be signed and returned. This agreement notifies you of the processes and what to expect from the use of this grant money at RLLC.
Step 4: Notify RLLC of approval
Once you are approved, VDOE will send you confirmation via email and the VDOE portal. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the you have been approved, including the date of your approval.
How to submit to Class Wallet
For full instructions please refer to the following document:
Things to note:
- We are registered as "The Reading & Language Learning Center", so please make sure to type "The" before the rest of our name
- It displays our location as Vienna but all of our Virginia locations are included in the same Class Wallet account.
- Clients must submit invoices for services via this government-provided payment portal, Class Wallet. RLLC cannot submit the invoice for you, nor retroactively apply funds for a specific service.
How you can use your funds
These funds can be used for all of our services. Below we list a few of the popular services to use the grant money for. Please note,
For all $1,500 grant recipients, all funds must be used by December 30, 2023. Any remaining funds in your ClassWallet account after December 30th will have to be returned.
For all $3,000 grant recipients, a portion (any amount) must be spent by December 1, 2023. Those that have not spent at least $1 by December 1st will have funds returned and reallocated. For the $3,000 grant recipients, all funds must be used by May 30, 2024.
Evaluations & Consultations
Traditional Therapy Services
All of our regular therapy services are included. If you want your child to do one-on-one therapy that continues into the school year, book a chat to get the conversation started!