In today’s episode, we’re talking to Stephanie Gerstenblith about Executive Function and Organization. Stephanie is the owner and founder of Enhancing Your Strengths, which specializes in Supporting academic success through developing individual plans to help with enhancing your strengths. Stephanie’s passion for helping others overcome challenges led her to become an Academic Therapist & Executive Function Coach. While her practice is based in Maryland they also see individuals virtually. Today we will answer these questions:
- What does executive function mean?
- How does executive function affect organization?
- What organizational strategies have you seen work for those struggling with executive function?
- What organizational strategies do NOT work for those struggling with executive function?
- How can parents help their child optimize their organizational skills? (including their desk, physical space, backpack, locker, school binders/folders, etc.)
- What can teachers do in the classroom to assist those who struggle to stay organized?
- Once a student gets organized, how do they maintain an organized space?
- Any anecdotes you want to share?
Links and Resources:
- Their practice: https://www.enhancingyourstrengths.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/enhancingyourstrengths
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/enhancingyourstrengths/
Make sure to subscribe and follow us on social media so you never miss an episode!