In today’s episode, we’re talking to Krista Gauthier about Dyslexia and STEM. Krista is the executive director of Sliding Doors where they give students with dyslexia the opportunity to explore STEM that they may not otherwise receive in the typical school setting. They also offer a component of teaching to educators by way of seminars through Dyslexic Edge Today you will learn:
- What STEM stands for
- Why students with dyslexia are often excluded from STEM opportunities and what effect that may have on a student.
- The kinds of programs offered at Sliding Doors
- The link between ADHD, dyslexia, and STEM.
Links and Resources:
- Sliding Doors: https://www.sdsquared.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SDSquaredLC/
- Dyslexic Edge: https://www.thedyslexicedge.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thedyslexicedge
Make sure to subscribe and follow us on social media so you never miss an episode!