In today’s episode, we’re talking to Dr. Sabine Heisman about COVID-19 & Mental Health. Dr. Heisman is a licensed clinical psychologist in the Northern Virginia area. She specializes in child psychology. She works for MindWell Psychology where they take a cognitive-behavioral approach to therapy. Today you will learn:
- How COVID-19 has impacted the mental health crisis
- What types of symptoms are seen in elementary, middle, and high school students
- Symptoms and behaviors parents should be aware of and how can they help their children
- Advice for how to support a child anxious about going back to school.
- How anxiety may impact testing
- Whether or not parents should discuss mental health with their teens & how to start that conversation
Links and Resources:
- Mindwell: https://mindwell.us
- Mindwell on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mindwellpsychology/
- The New York Times article we reference: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/16/health/covid-depression-anxiety.html
Make sure to subscribe and follow us on social media so you never miss an episode!
- Website: https://www.readingllcenter.com
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/readingllcenter
- Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/readingllcenter
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWlbl8Ea8DJFADaNU9ZK1Vw