In today’s episode we’re talking to Dr. Jeffery Kranzler about Bullying and Anxiety for Children with Autism. Dr. Kranzler is a therapist in Bethesda, Maryland who specializes in Treating Children, Adolescents, and Adults With: Autism Spectrum, Mood Disorders, Anxiety, Panic, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and School-Related Stress. He owns his own practice and provides telemedicine as well as in person individual and group therapy sessions. Dr. Kranzler recently released a book called The Crimson Protector which teaches middle schoolers how to build confidence, overcome social anxiety and handle bullying through an action packed superhero adventure. We discuss the book in more depth in the episode, and if you’re looking to purchase it the links are listed below.
Today you will learn:
- Who experiences bullying
- What parents can do to help their children deal with bullying
- When parents should reach out to a professional
- How parents can help alleviate anxiety at home
- Why Individuals who have autism spectrum disorders (ASD) commonly experience anxiety about social interaction and social situations.
- What types of therapy help students who are on the spectrum deal with bullying and anxiety
- The Crimson Protector: A fun tool to help middle schoolers learn how to deal with Bullying
Links and Resources:
- Dr. Kranzler’s Practice: https://www.kapscommunity.com