In today’s episode, we’re talking to Dr. Carey Heller about ADHD & Anxiety. Dr. Carey Heller is a licensed psychologist and founding partner of Heller Psychology Group. He specializes in the evaluation and treatment of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), executive function issues, learning disabilities, and related items including anxiety. Today we will answer these questions:
- What is ADHD?
- What is Anxiety?
- Do they often exist together and why?
- Is anxiety different for children with ADHD as opposed to children without ADHD?
- How can anxiety and ADHD affect a child’s academics?
- How can parents identify this in their child?
- Should parents get their child tested for both?
- After getting a diagnosis or noticing symptoms what can parents do to help? Are there practical tools the children can use to help?
- What can parents/students tell their teachers to help them at school?
Links and Resources:
- Their practice:https://hellerpsychologygroup.com/
- CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)): https://chadd.org/
Make sure to subscribe and follow us on social media so you never miss an episode!